DIY (do-it-yourself) TikTok Creative Brief and Campaign Rules
The main idea for this campaign is to have DIY creators to create videos on TikTok so their followers can learn something new and see a benefit in a hack that will make their lives better and easier. Videos should feature tutorials, hacks, step-by-step, demonstrations, or "how-to" content in 15 seconds format.
Craft / Decor:
MAIN RULES AND REQUIREMENTS:
By accepting to participate in the campaign, you agree to:
- Install the TikTok app (You can download the app on this link: );
- Create a profile with a username, add a nickname, add a bio description, and add a picture (you need to create a new account, you can't use an account you had before, unless it was a Musical.ly account that was transferred to TikTok and it wasn't active since it was transferred);
- Post 20 videos (5 videos per week) for the 30 days of the campaign (June 14th - July 8th) respecting the campaign rules*;
- Repost 1 TikTok video per week on your Instagram (1 feed post + 2 stories) and your most followed/high engagement social media;
- Share your Instagram posts/stories analytics with us (24 hours after posting) and opt-in in our campaign management platform (Tagger Media). We will send you a separated email with the step-by-step next week. WHEN OPT-IN, WE WILL ONLY BE ABLE TO SEE THE ANALYTICS OF YOUR POSTS OF THIS SPECIFIC CAMPAIGN;
- All the videos must be in accordance with the campaign rules below;
- Your TikTok videos might be used in TikTok ads;
- If the participant does not post the agreed amount of videos during the period of the campaign, deductions will be made to the payment amount;
- Compensation will be paid to creators within 30 days post campaign.
- Must be in vertical full-screen (9:16) format;
- Videos should be 13 to 15 seconds (anything under 5 seconds or over 30 seconds will not pass quality checks);
- No marks, watermarks, or signs from other apps;
- Post maximum of 2 videos per day;
- Add a maximum of 3 hashtags per video (one of the hashtags needs to be #tiktokpartner);
- It is suggested to use TikTok’s video resources (music, effects, speed, etc.);
- If your video does not have an original sound, choose background music in the app;
- No babies or kids allowed in the videos for this campaign.
REPOST VIDEOS (INSTAGRAM):
- You need to repost a minimum of 3 TikTok videos on your Instagram profile (1 feed post + 2 stories, see dates below);
- When sharing TikTok videos on other socials, all the videos must contain TikTok’s watermark and your username;
- All the reposts must contain the hashtag #tiktokpartner, tag @TikTok and have TikTok watermark visible;
- Please make sure to add a call-to-action for your followers to download TikTok. For IG Stories please make sure to include a call-to-action to swipe-up to donwload TikTok app;
- Link in bio (for Instagram feed post) and swipe-up link (for Instagram stories) should be this download link: (if you do not wish to add this link to your bio, you should add this link to your caption and/or linktr.ee);
- Make sure to notify inCast team by text message or DM as soon as you post your Instagram Stories so they can review;
- If you forget to notify inCast team when you post your Instagram Stories, please save the video and send to . You can see the instructions to save the video here: HOW TO SAVE THE IG STORY VIDEO
Repost a TiKTok video on your Instagram feed
Repost a TiKTok video on your Instagram stories
Repost a TiKTok video on your Instagram stories
INSTRUCTIONS TO REPOST:
Click on the TikTok video you would like to share on your Instagram feed and follow the steps below:
In the event a creator fails to meet the required number of videos, or
otherwise breaches the terms of this agreement, incast and TikTok may deduct fees as described below:
(A) Any unauthorized change(s) have been made to creator's account without incast or TikTok's prior written approval;
(B) Creators cease to remain active;
(C) Any creator fails to meet the minimum videos commitment; or
(D) Any video published on the app or forwarded to the social networking service(s) for
purposes of satisfying the minimum videos forwarding commitment are taken down, removed or
otherwise deleted without incast or TikTok's prior written approval.
(E) At least 100% of the videos per creator must match with the designated DIY (do-it-yourself) category.
inCast has the right to remove any creator that does not follow the campaign rules and requirements. If the creator has not posted any videos by the time inCast removes the creator from the campaign, the creator will not be entitled to any compensation.
a. Video-specific requirements:
i. (i) Videos on the app
1. Video must be full-screen vertical (9:16) (not square, not horizontal, no white/black bars around the videos.)
2. The videos should be 15 seconds. (Anything under 5 seconds or over 30 seconds will not pass quality checks.)
3. Content must not be a lip sync video (i.e. singing along to lyrics) and more than a simple selfie.
4. Maximum of 1 “effect” per video
5. Video must be high-quality (nothing scratchy, grainy, inappropriate.etc)
6. Unless video includes spoken dialogue / original sound, the video must incorporate a song or sound available in-app.
7. Video must be posted within the timeframe of the campaign
8. Videos and caption must not include promotional material for your Instagram / YouTube account or any other social media accounts in the video.
9. Video and caption must not include a display of violence, weapons, pornography, nudity, sexual behavior, alcohol/tobacco abuse, vulgarity in behavior or language, cyberbullying, and extremely bloody/uncomfortable makeup effects.
10. Must adhere to the app Community Guidelines including
a. Video content should NOT include the following or any activity that could encourage users to do the same:
b. Harmful or dangerous content
c. Graphic or shocking content
d. Illegal activities
e. Discrimination or hate speech
f. Nudity or sexual activity
g. Child safety infringement
h. Harassment or cyberbullying
i. Impersonation, spam, or other misleading content
j. Violations of Intellectual property
11. Caption must not exceed 150 Characters (including Hashtags.)
12. Caption must include FTC disclosure - #tiktokpartner
13. Maximum of 3 hashtags
b. Set Up
1. Name: Short and memorable profile name
2. Bio: describe who you are + what kind of videos you make Photo: showcase your personality
3. Socials: Link your other social media accounts
c. Best practices for a good video style
1. Have a strong opening shot to hook the viewer
2. Make sure your content looks bright, colorful and visually appealing
3. Use sounds/music from the app's library as background music to elevate the video content and keep the viewer watching
4. Have a twist / unique ending to encourage viewers to share your video
5. Captions: clearly describe your video and do NOT spam the caption with unrelated hashtags.
Q: After filling out the agreement can I just start posting?
A: No, you need to wait for our team to contact you before you start.
Q: Why do I need to send a W9 form?
A: Because depending on the amount we pay you for the campaign, we will need to fill out a 1099 form to you.
Q: Is this campaign one month only or is it a monthly campaign?
A: Everyone in this campaign has the chance to be renewed for the following month, it all depends on the quality of your videos and the number of views you get. This is why we encourage everyone to repost videos on their social media and having a call to action to your followers download the app and follow your new account.
Q: Do I need to use any specific hashtag?
A: Yes, you need to use #tiktokpartner.
Q: Can I post videos with a different content we agreed?
A: You can post, but those videos will not be counting for the campaign. We don't recommend you to use the #ad or #sponsored hashtags for these videos and, in order to finish the campaign, you will need to post 30 videos with the agreed content.
Q: When I'm going to get paid?
A: The payment is due 30 days after the end of the campaign.
Q: Can I refer a friend who wants to participate? How can I make it?
A: Sure, we are always open to referrals. Just talk to the producer who is in contact with you.